Paul Kei Matsuda
http://pmatsuda.faculty.asu.edu/

Visiting Scholars

One of the tasks that have been occupying me for the last few weeks, among many other things, is responding to a large number of unsolicited requests from would-be visiting scholars who are looking for a faculty sponsor for their visit.

Although I value the opportunity to interact with researchers from other countries, I can only sponsor a few people at a time. For that reason, I will screen the applications for clear indications of strong and well-defined interest in second language writing as well as specific reasons for working with me. Priority is given to those who have already established a connection with me at the Symposium on Second Language Writing.

If there is any indication that the applicant is not familiar enough with the field of second language writing or that the person is not specifically interested in my work or my expertise, I will not be able to consider the application or respond to the message.

If you are interested in coming to my institution to work with me on a project related to second language writing, please visit this page and send me the initial materials. Please understand, however, that I will not be able to

  • provide feedback on the initial application documents
  • allow revisions to the initial application documents
  • refer rejected applicants to other potential sponsors
  • issue a letter of invitation until the initial screening process has been completed

Best of luck in finding a suitable institutional host for your visit!

Labels: , ,

Last update: January 6, 2008